Los Angeles, CA- The apparently troubled former child-star Amanda Bynes won’t be going to a regular court for her DUI charge. Instead, her attorney requested her she be tried in a mental-health court and California judge honored that request.

Bynes’ attorney, Richard Hutton, appeared in court for her Tuesday and explained to the judge that his client was not mentally fit enough to understand the proceedings, according to TMZ who broke the story.

The judge agreed and transferred her case to a mental-health court.

“The mental health court will examine Bynes and determine her competency to stand trial,” attorney Richard Hutton told E! News.

Bynes, 27, was arrested for drunk driving in April of 2012 after she crashed into a LAPD patrol car. The accident was minor and the officer wasn’t injured, but the officer suspected she was under the influence.

She denied she was drunk and began to display the first signs of mental imbalance. After her DUI arrest she told People, “I am retired as an actor. I am moving to New York to launch my career. I am going to do a fashion line,” she said. “I am not talking about being arrested for DUI because I don’t drink, and I don’t drink and drive. It is all false.”

Her DUI arrest was then followed by slew of traffic violations, including two hit-and-run charges and a texting while driving charge. Her troubles in compelled the actress to leave Hollywood and head to New York City.

Once in New York her troubles just seemed to get worse, proving that some problems you just can’t run from.

While in the Big Apple, the actress was arrested for marijuana possession and for tossing a glass bong out of the window of her 36th floor apartment. The police were called to her apartment building after a resident reported she was smoking marijuana in the lobby of the high rise. She threw the bong out of the window to conceal it from police when they arrived at her apartment.

The young actress frequently took to Twitter where the unraveling of her mental health was on full display. She even had the nerve to ask President Obama to have her DUI dismissed and to have the cop who arrested her fired. That is something the President can do, but she thought she would give it a try.

Bynes was put in a mental health facility after she set a small fire in the driveway of home in the California neighborhood Thousand Oaks. Initially, she was only supposed to be in the facility for 30 days, but her stay was extended to 90 days, then up to a year, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Her mother has temporary conservatorship over her daughter’s finances and well-being.

A DUI is serious, but had Bynes kept her nose clean after her arrest, she might have been able to get a lenient sentence. Her subsequent troubles and arrests now means she could land herself a tougher sentence if she is ruled mentally competent.