Allentown, PA- Were you arrested for DUI in Allentown?  If the answer is yes, you are probably wondering what comes next. You know you face legal troubles, but aren’t sure how things are going to play out. Here our team of DUI lawyers in Allentown will discuss what is going to happen and what you need to do to minimize your DUI charges.

Once you are arrested for a DUI, your license will be suspended. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t been convicted; it is an immediate consequence of being charged with a DUI. You may be able to get your license back, but you must act fast. Your counsel may be able to get a provisional license by arguing your case. If you’ve been charged with a DUI, USAttorneys recommends you contact a lawyer and get their help.

Next, you need to decide how you will plea, but you need professional advice first. Before deciding to enter a guilty plea, you should know that you will have to pay costly fines, lose your license and possibly sentenced to spend time in jail. For DUI penalties, the state uses a tiered system based on your blood alcohol concentration to determine the penalties for conviction. If your BAC was between .08 and .99 you face six months of probation, but no jail. You face two days to six months in prison and fines ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 and a 12-month license suspension. On top of that, you will have a DUI charge on your record which will look bad when you apply for school or a job, and it will stay on your record for ten years.

A DUI charge may not seem serious, but it is, and you need to act as soon as possible and contact a DUI lawyer in Allentown to discuss your case. You’ll benefit if they are looking out for your interests and working to minimize the consequences a conviction entails.

Let USAttorneys help you find a skilled Allentown lawyer to work on your defense. You can count on our team of lawyers to work hard on your case and provide you with the best possible defense. Their goal is to minimize the consequences of a DUI and do what they can to keep from plaguing you for years to come.

Call an attorney today and set up a case evaluation. You can find a local attorney by visiting the contact page of our website and filling out a short questionnaire. We will send your details to an experienced lawyer.