In Kansas City, Missouri, when convicted of DWI, one of the penalties you could potentially be faced with is losing your privilege to drive. This penalty would fall under the administrative charges category in a DWI case and it all depends on your BAC level and the circumstances surrounding your arrest or charges. For instance, if you were involved in an accident, you are likely going to be faced with harsher penalties than just being recognized for an over the limit BAC level.
Losing your driving privileges because of a DWI can be taxing on your life which is why you need a Kansas City DWI attorney assisting you to get them back.
Something to keep in mind is that even if your ticket was disposed of in court or your DWI attorney was able to get your charges reduced, you are still subject to either having your license suspended or revoked.
Now, if you are looking to get your driving privileges back because they were either suspended, revoked, or denied, the Missouri Department of Revenue suggests you follow these three steps.
- You first need to recognize why you lost your driving privileges. You can obtain this information from the letter sent to you from the Driver License Bureau when your rights to operate a vehicle were taken away. You can also find this information on your current Missouri driver record. You can call 573-526-2407 to obtain another copy of your record for a fee of $5.88 in the event you don’t have one.
- Once you have this information, note the reasons why your privileges were either taken away or temporarily suspended. Under the “Department Actions” you should see a date listed as to when you are entitled to get your rights back. If you qualify now, you need to file the appropriate forms and pay the corresponding fees to get your privileges back. If it is too soon, you may want to look into how you might qualify to receive limited driving rights.
- In the event there are two or more reasons why you lost your right to drive, click here to view which forms you are required to file. The department will only need one proof of liability insurance even if it is stated for each reason.
Also keep in mind that having a well-versed DWI lawyer in Kansas City working on your side can help you get this process done much quicker. The DWI lawyers featured on USAttorneys.com handle these matters regularly which means they are already familiar with the process. If you would like legal aid in regaining your chance to drive again, you are going to want one of the dependable DWI attorneys in Missouri representing you.
How can I submit my payment?
If you owe money to reinstate your driving rights, there are three ways you can satisfy your financial obligation. These include:
- Bring your money and the corresponding forms to:
Driver License Bureau
Truman State Office Building
301 West High Street, Room 470
Jefferson City, Missouri
- If you live in Kansas City and aren’t able to formally drop off your payment, you can mail the information and your money to:
Driver License Bureau
PO Box 200
Jefferson City, Missouri 65105-0200
- The third option you have is to pay by telephone.
Simply call 537-526-2407 and using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, you can pay using this method.