Want to avoid being arrested for DUI and get home safely this New Year’s Eve? Then you had better listen up as we are sharing some alternative forms of transportation you can choose to use if you plan on going out and drinking as we countdown to 2018. As you know, the holidays tend to bring out many drunk drivers including people who neglected to choose another form of transportation even though they had the intention of drinking.
So, to keep yourself out of harm’s way, and out of jail, consider the following ways to get home if you want to have a drink or two on New Year’s Eve.
- Call a taxi, Uber, or Lyft who can take you from point A to point B. While these companies do charge, the fees will be much less than those associated with a DUI charge. Whichever you choose to use, be sure you have their phone number saved or the app to request the service already downloaded on your cell phone.
- Rely on a friend. While many individuals enjoy spending New Year’s Eve out partying, there are plenty of people who celebrate without having a drink. You can ask someone who might not be going out or someone who is already out with you that isn’t drinking if they want to be assigned as your designated driver.
- Tow to Go is offering free ride and tow if you are within 10 miles of their location. They will be providing this service up until 6 a.m. Tuesday so call 855-286-9246 to see if you can take advantage of this opportunity.
- Tri-Rail will be operating on its regular schedule so you may be able to rely on this mode of transportation. You can call Tri-Rail at 800-874-7245 to learn more about the times it will be operating and if it will be traveling in the area you need it to.
- The Sun Trolley in Fort Lauderdale will be operating on its regular service schedule this New Year’s Eve. You might be able to catch a ride on the Las Olas Link from 6:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.=
- Palm Tran is going to be operating on Sunday, which is New Year’s Eve, but will not be operating on Monday.
- Metrorail and Metromover have extended their holiday hours on New Year’s Eve to 2:00 a.m. If you would like more information on their operation times and location, call 305-981-3131.
Arrested for DUI in Fort Lauderdale? Let DiRenzo Defense handle your case.
The Sun-Sentinel provides additional options for you to take advantage of in case you are seeking another method of transportation for New Year’s Eve.
Now, if you made the mistake of driving while drunk this past Christmas and are in need of legal representation, don’t hesitate to call upon a DUI lawyer. The Henson Law Firm PLLC in Tulsa has represented clients who have faced similar DUI charges and will be more than happy to assist you with your case. Contact Rob Henson by calling (918) 551-8995 today so you can begin receiving the help you need with your DUI case.